For the post of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Mechanical Engineering), candidates will be selected as
Management Trainee and will undergo training for six months. Only consolidated stipend will be paid to them at the rate of Rs. 40000/- (Forty thousand only) per month during the training period. Management Trainees will be considered for absorption as Managers in the IDA Pay scale of Rs. 40000 – 140000 upon successful completion of training period of six months.
Pattern of Paper – I and Paper – II of Phase-II Online Test shall be as follows:
Paper-I (Duration – 90 minutes) (120 Marks):
120 Multiple Choice Questions of General Aptitude consisting of Reasoning, Data
Analysis, Computer Awareness, General Awareness, Management and Current
Affairs for the post of Manager (General / Depot / Movement / Accounts /
Technical / Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical Engineering).
Paper-II (Duration – 60 minutes) (120 Marks):
I. 60 Multiple Choice Questions on General Accounting and Finance for candidates
applying for Manager (Accounts)
II. 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Agriculture, Food Science and Technology,
Agricultural Engineering & Bio Technology for candidates applying for Manager
III. 60 Multiple Choice Questions on Civil Engineering / Electrical Mechanical
Engineering for candidates applying for Manager (Civil Engineering / Electrical
The syllabus for specified technical posts for Paper-II to assess the post specific
technical knowledge of relevant stream is as under:
I. Manager (Accounts) (Post Code-D):
1. Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and
2. Financial Management: (a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting &
Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management (d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio
3. Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b)
Goods & Services Tax.
4. Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods (b) Internal & External Audit of
5. Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act
(d) Negotiable Instrument Act (e) Consumer Protection Act (f) RTI Act.
6. Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers (c) Email (d) Memory
(Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g)
II. Manager (Technical) (Post Code-E):
1. Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food &
Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals
& Pulses, Food grain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
2. Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering,
Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control,
3. Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful
insects, integrated Post Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest,
4. Chemistry- Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding,
Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals,
Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and
acids , Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
5. PFA Act, 1964,Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards
Regulations 2011, Right to Information Act, 2005.
III. Manager (Civil Engineering) (Post Code-F):
1. Engineering Materials & Construction Technology
Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings,
Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials,
Stones, Bricks timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement
Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
2. Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics,
Aluminium, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates
Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement etc.
3. Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning,
Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management,
Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labor safety and
Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and
Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation
survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
5. Soil/Geotechnical Engineering
Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity,
voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and
field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures,
design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
6. Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements,
WBM courses, sub base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete
base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic
concrete, seal coats etc.
7. Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force,
Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables,
Concepts and use of Computer Aided Design.
8. Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of
tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam column
connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate
9. Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures: Limit state design for bending,
shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels,
Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
10. Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork,
Brick , RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements,
Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles etc. Valuation- Value
and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation
and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
IV. Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering) (Post Code-G):
Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials,
Production Engineering , Industrial Engineering ,Production Planning and Control Material handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory,
Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements,
Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power
generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production andTransmissions), Electro mechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing, Use of computer.
To more details please visit official website