INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED (Refineries Division)
Notification for Engagement of Apprentices
( NB; Read Careful & go below to download Notification )
Indian Oil Corporation Limited is one of the largest commercial enterprises in India and a Fortune “Global 500” company.Invites applications from candidates for engagement, as a measure of skill building initiative for the nation under its Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (amended), trainees in its refineries are mentioned in the trade / discipline given below. Provisional number of seats including possible reservation in educational qualification, Apprentice category prescribed reservation of the respective state) and other eligibility criteria / parameters will be as follows:
1. The number of seats given above is provisional and may increase or decrease in the respective categories at the absolute discretion of the management and in compliance with the President’s instructions on timely reservation.
2. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates to fill seats against Code 110 or 111, Code 111 or 110 will be filled by suitable candidates as per the selection criteria and other criteria / criteria.
3. For PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) category, Government of India guidelines will apply. Candidates belonging to PWBD categories can apply against the seats marked under 102, 105, 106, 107, 108, 108, 109, 110 And only 111.
The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 – Section 2(r) defines “person with benchmark disability” as a person duly certified by the certifying authority with:
Not less than 40% of the specified disability where the specified disability is not defined in measurable terms and
A disability where the specified disability is defined in measurable terms.
Candidates are required to produce a disability certificate issued by the competent authority as per the Competent Authority, 2017, along with the rights of the disabled, who will not be treated as PWD candidates in their candidature. Individuals with a benchmark disability must be able to perform the tasks assigned to them and take instructions using appropriate accessories and equipment. Apprentice engagement related to PWBD category will be from the following categories:
1. PV-Low vision, Blind
2. PH-Hard of hearing, Deaf
3. PL-Musculoskeletal (OH-OA/OL), Dwarfism, Acid attack victim, Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured
4. Multiple (a combination of above)
P=Physical; V=Vision; H=Hearing;
IMPORTANT NOTES :
1. For Class 12th / Graduates / Diploma holders with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC / ST and PwBD category candidates) as a regular full time course in relevant trade / discipline from a recognized board / university. Prescribed qualification. . (Seats are reserved for them) Overall.
Wherever CGPA / OGPA or letter grade is awarded in Class XII / ITI (Fitter) / Degree / Diploma examinations, the percentage of its total marks should be as per the criteria adopted by the board / university / institute in the on-line application. . . . Candidates will have to produce the same total percentage marks in terms of a certificate or letter grade from the concerned University / Institute at the time of certificate verification in respect of their CGPA / OGPA, which will not be considered their candidature
2. There will be eligibility pass marks for ITI qualification in the relevant trade. Only regular full-time ITI courses recognized by NCVT / SCVT will be considered.
3. Under Code 110, “Fresher Apprentice” will be considered. “Fresher Apprentice” means a non-graduate trainee who has not undergone any institutional training or skill training under the Apprentice Act, 1961 before taking on-the-job training or practical training.
4. Under Code 111, skill certificate holders will be considered. interested Candidates applying against Code 111 with the Skill Certificate in Domestic Data Entry Operator ‘have training for less than one year issued by a body recognized by the National Skill Qualification Framework or any other authority recognized by the Central Government Must have skill certificate. in this regard.
5. Candidates holding Diploma in Engineering in the relevant trade / discipline under the recognized lateral entry scheme (Class-XII (SC.) / ITI admitted in the second year of the diploma course) are also eligible for meeting the prescribed marks on the basis of total marks. The subject will be considered. All semester in diploma course.
6. Candidates possessing qualifications earned through part-time / correspondence / distance education mode are not eligible.
7. Candidates possessing high professional qualifications such as BE / B.Tech, MBA, CA, LLB, MCA or higher qualification or pursuing higher qualification or having already completed prior to joining apprenticeship training will not be eligible. A declaration from the candidate in this regard will be obtained at the time of engagement.
8. A candidate should not have previously undergone apprenticeship training or was pursuing apprenticeship training under the Apprentices Act.
9. Candidates having training and / or job experience for a period of one year or more after obtaining the qualification will not be eligible to engage as Technician Apprentices.
10. Candidates who have completed three years after attaining the prescribed qualification as on the date of eligibility criteria will also not be eligible for engagement as Technician Apprentice.
11. A candidate with BSc (Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry) will be allowed to apply for only one trade / discipline (for codes 101, 103 or 108) in the refinery. A candidate with B.Com will be allowed to apply for a trade / discipline (for code 109 or 108) at the refinery.
12. Candidates applying for more than one trade / discipline will not be considered and their applications will be summarily rejected.
13. If the date of declaration of result is not mentioned in the mark sheet, the candidate will have to submit a certificate from the Principal of the school / polytechnic / college / institute mentioning the date of publication of the result from where the candidate has pursued / Class XII / ITI (Fitter) / Graduate / Diploma course at the time of document verification.
14. The above mentioned topics / trades include training in operation and maintenance activities in the plant area. Petroleum refining is considered to be a complex and dangerous process and such a person with benchmark disability with prescribed qualifications can only be engaged against selected seats / numbers of discipline, as mentioned above. PwBD is required to produce a certificate issued by the prescribed authority under Section 18 (e) of Rule 18 of the Rights Act 2016, which has misunderstood the rule of Rule 18, failing which his candidature as a PwBD candidate Will not be considered.
1. For General / EWS candidates, the minimum age will be 18 years and maximum age 24 years as on 31.10.2019. Upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC (NCL) / PwBD candidates will be extended as per Govt. Guidelines.
2. The marksheet / certificate issued by the Board of Secondary Education for passing the matriculation (tenth standard) examination will be the only acceptable document in support of age.
Selection Methodology :
1. Selection will be done on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination (two hours duration) and meeting the notified eligibility criteria.
2. In case of tie (two or more) of marks in the written examination, the date of birth (senior to age) will be considered (in that order only) to place a candidate in the merit list.
3. On the basis of the details presented in the on-line application, all the prima-face eligible candidates will be issued call letters for the written examination.
4. Written examination will be conducted at the Guwahati Refinery, Barauni Refinery, Gujarat Refinery, Haldia Refinery, Panipat Refinery, Digboi Refinery and Bongaigaon Refinery in place of the respective Refinery Unit for the candidates applying for Apprenticeship. For the candidates applying for Apprenticeship at Mathura Refinery and Paradip Refinery, written test will be conducted in Delhi and Bhubaneswar respectively. The exact location details will be indicated in the admit card.
5. Written Test will be conducted with Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) consisting of four options with one correct option.
6. A candidate must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the written examination for eligibility in the selection process. The minimum qualifying marks for candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD categories against reserved posts will be 35%. No right or claim is claimed by the candidate on attaining the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination. The document is being shortlisted for verification or final selection, as on the rank of the candidate in the merit list based on the marks obtained in the written examination. Based, Number of seats in the relevant trade / discipline, candidates fulfilling the notified eligibility criteria and documents Found in order verification etc.
7. Candidates belonging to the PwBD categories, who have availed concession in eligibility qualification marks or written test qualification marks, will be considered against reserved seats, irrespective of their position in the selection list (in order of merit within the category).
8. Filling of seats is entirely at the discretion of the management based on the suitability of the candidates and no claim for engagement will be made if some of these seats are not filled due to unhelpful / insufficient number of candidates.
DATE OF OPENING OF ONLINE APPLICATION 25.10.2019 ( 10.00 Hrs)
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION 15.11.2019 ( 17.00 Hrs)
How to apply:
1. Applications are invited by IndianOil for Apprenticeship at its Refineries at Guwahati, Digboi, Bongaigaon (all 3 in Assam) Barauni (Bihar), Vadodara (Gujarat), Haldia (West Bengal), Mathura (UP), Panipat (Haryana) and Paradip (Odisha).
2. A candidate can apply for apprenticeship in any one of the Refinery unit of his choice.
3. Option for exercising the choice of a Refinery unit has been provided in the application menu (on-line application portal) which shall open at 10.00 hours on 25.10.2019 and close at 17.00 hours on 15.11.2019.
4. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a trade/discipline, may visit the website www.iocl.com go to ‘Show All’ under ‘What’s New’ > go to ‘Engagement of Apprentices under Refineries Division’ > select ‘Trade/Discipline’ > select the link of the ‘Refinery Unit’, where they want to apply for Apprenticeship Training. The candidate must have an active email ID and mobile phone number which must remain valid for at least next one year. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website / email / SMS alerts. Applications submitted through on-line mode will only be accepted.
5. The candidate should have scanned copy of colour photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
6. The candidate must ascertain the correctness of all information before filling in the On-line Application Form and its final submission.
7. The candidate shall be wholly/exclusively responsible for the information provided in his/her online application form.
8. Incomplete applications, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria/parameters and applications received in mode/form other than on-line mode shall be treated as “Rejected”.
9. A copy of on-line application shall be retained by the candidate for reference and produced for verification at the time of Document Verification.
11. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible. Queries, if any, may be addressed to the e-mail ids & Contact Nos. given below.
Notification download to Click Below Link ICON
Online Apply to Click Below Link ICON